- Nobel laureate Randy Schekman to be keynote speaker at UCLA College commencement
UCLA Newsroom - March 03, 2014
Randy Schekman, Nobel laureate, and undergraduate alumnus of UCLA Life Sciences, will be this year's keynote speaker at UCLA College commencement
- Nanotech methods that use tissue-penetrating light to fight cancer.
Nanowerk - February 28, 2013
Fuyu Tamanoi, professor of Microbiology, Immunology and Molecular Genetics, together with UCLA biochemist, Jeffrey Zink, and other colleagues, have discovered a new nanotechnology method to fight cancer with tissue-penetrating light.
- Therapy for your marriage — without the therapy
UCLA Newsroom - February 25, 2014
Andrew Christensen, professor of Psychology, is the lead author of a new book: "Reconcilable Differences: Rebuild Your Relationship by Rediscovering the Partner You Love — Without Losing Yourself".
- Biologist, Kirk Lohmueller, awarded 2014 Sloan Research Fellowships
UCLA Newsroom - February 18, 2014
Kirk Lohmueller, an assistant professor of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, is one of two outstanding young professors from UCLA to receive 2014 Sloan Research Fellowships.
- Heritable bipolar phenotypes pinned down
Medwire News - February 14, 2014
A large study led by Carrie Bearden, professor of psychology and psychiatry, has pinpointed brain and behavioural traits that are genetically influenced and associated with bipolar I disorder.
- What do women want? It depends on the time of the month
UCLA Newsroom - February 14, 2014
Martie Haselton, professor of Psychology, and her colleagues have recently published a landmark meta-analysis of sexual preferences at ovulation